Music Elective Programme (MEP)
The Music Elective Programme is devoted to produce the most effective music education for aspiring music students by promising a difficult journey fun-filled with ample opportunities for creative and artistic expression and learning. To confirm that each student blossoms into a private with a novel musical disposition, the Music tutors of times offer matched consultations to hone the analytical, aural, instructive, and acting skills of our student musicians.
The MEP lessons aims to develop students’ abstract and analytical thinking likewise as creativeness. Learning experiences embrace music analysis, aural perception, composition and performance likewise as programs designed in partnership with the humanities and inventive industries. Students able to develop music appreciation of the cultural diversity in music in Singapore and therefore the world.
To qualify for the MEP at the secondary level, students should initial meet the entry demand of the categorical course within the hand-picked college.
Schools that supply the MEP:
Students ought to thenceforth apply for the programmed upon admission to the varsity. Candidates ought to have earned the subsequent minimum qualifications:
EITHER a pass in Grade 3 sensible and Theory or sensible art examinations of the Associated Board of the Royal colleges of Music (ABRSM) or the equivalent commonplace from alternative examination boards. (Application should be amid certified copies of music certificates or mark sheets.)
OR, within the absence of the qualifications expressed higher than, a pass in each the written choice check associated sensible audition on an instrument (e.g. piano, rebab, erhu, sitar) or voice conducted by the MEP College.
Schools that do not supply the MEP:
Students who aren’t registered in colleges that supply the MEP or increased Music programed (EMP) will apply for the programed offered by the MEP centers through their secondary colleges. All candidates for the MEP centers should bear a variety Exercise, and will have obtained the subsequent minimum qualifications:
EITHER a pass in Grade 3 sensible and Theory or sensible art examinations of the Associated Board of the Royal colleges of Music (ABRSM) or the equivalent commonplace from alternative examination boards.
CURRICULUM & PEDAGOGIES:
The H2 course of study aims to have interaction musically-inclined students in music listening, performing arts and composing. It permits recognition of individual musical inclinations as candidates area unit offered the selection of providing either a Performance or a Composition major inside the course of study necessities.
Paper 1: Music Studies
The current MEP course of study involves the study of two Asian topics (Solo Chinese music & Music of Malay ancient Dance) and one Western topic (Music in France (c.1894 – c.1937)). The written paper aims to coach students in aural perception, important writing likewise as AN awareness of the varied social/political/cultural problems encompassing the music that they study.
Paper 2: Performing arts
Student’s area unit needed to place up a brief recital on their solo instrument as a part of the ‘A’ level course of study. For Music creating majors, they’re going to even be needed to incorporate either performance on a second instrument or AN ensemble performance as a part of their recital.
Paper 3: Music Writing
The composition portfolio that is submitted to Cambridge at the tip of the scholars’ JC two year is formed from harmony exercises (stylistic imitation of Classical String Quartets and/or early nineteenth Century keyboard accompaniment of songs) likewise as individual compositions written by the students themselves. At Temasek JC, students also will be the chance to figure with progressive recording facilities as they garner towards their completed portfolio, which has ‘live’ recordings of their terribly own compositions. Primary students who have an interest within the MEP are suggested to pick Secondary faculties providing the Secondary program among the six decisions of faculty throughout the Secondary One (S1) Posting Exercise every Nov. they’re inspired to pick a college providing the MEP as their initial selection.
MUSIC ELECTIVE PROGRAMME: (SECONDARY)
The MEP at the secondary level could be a four-year program that develops students’ musical creativeness and analytical thinking through a good vary of musical traditions. Students hand-picked for the program can take Music (MEP) in situ of style and Technology and Food and client Education at the lower secondary level.
MEP students within the secondary level are expected to finish the 4-year program and supply Higher Music as a theme for examination at the GCE O-Level. Higher Music within the GCE O-Level Examination is corresponding to a Humanities subject. Students WHO supply the O-Level Higher Music are going to be able to use their Higher Music grade in place of a Humanities subject to achieve admission into a Junior College/Centralized Institute.
Students can perceive that:
- Music is formed from aesthetic musical parts and principles
- Music needs an influence of observation and interpretation
- Music involves inventive downside finding and important decision-making
- Music involves a resourceful use of instruments, techniques and technologies
- Music is associate degree investigation of ideas and problems
- Music doesn’t exist or is formed inside a socio-historic vacuum
- Music may be a reflection of, or a reaction against social group realities
- Music may be a useful gizmo in constructing beauty and facilitating communication in the environment
- Study of Music provides desiring to one’s experiences by expressing one’s concepts and feelings through sound
- Study of Music provides one fuller understanding of the role of music within the development of human race
- Study of Music provides expertise of enjoyment and aesthetic pleasure
By the end of the course, students are going to be ready to:
- Develop a gathered awareness and appreciation of the role compete by music within the society at intervals completely different contexts and views
- Become freelance thinkers who can contribute proactively to their peers, the school, and society through music creating. This is often in line with the mission of RP within the nurturing of the Thinker, Leader and Pioneer Construct their own meanings concerning the globe around them supported what they see and knowledge.
- Attain a gathered awareness and appreciation of music at intervals completely different contexts and views
- Develop the power to spot and solve issues creatively, and interact students within the processes of informal and demanding decision-making
- Be inspired to experiment through the ingenious use of techniques and technologies, balanced with the systematic coaching of skills and discovery of abstract problems
- Develop the power to aptly kind, compose and communicate concerning music processes and vocabulary
The Ministry of Education Singapore offers the Music Elective Programme (MEP) for students at both Secondary and Junior College levels.
At the Academy, our instructors understand the challenges of the MEP. Through practical and theoretical scopes of studying, we will develop in students necessary skills to face and appreciate MEP more fully.
Learn about the MEP here on the Ministry of Education’s site.
Let Us Assist You Now! Contact Us by Filling Up The Form